It’s always best to be prepared and complete tasks earlier rather than later. From the end of August 2010, systems from Capita Software Service will no longer be supporting the Solaris 9 operating system. Your organisation will be required to upgrade to Solaris 10.
Being prepared is always vital in these situations
Capita Technical Services can help you get ready for the upgrade and eliminate your operational IT concerns surrounding the necessary upgrade. This upgrade will affect all Capita customers: all software releases after 31 August will no longer be supported if you continue using the Solaris 9 operating system.
A partner you can always rely on
An upgrade to Solaris 10 can be straightforward but a failed upgrade can be very costly, often leading to unnecessary system downtime. Capita Technical Services’ skilled consultants will provide you with a comprehensive service that will see you through the upgrade smoothly with no hidden extras. We will scope your existing environment and supply you with an extensive plan to migrate your systems or upgrade to Solaris 10.
The Capita Technical Services team have detailed knowledge and significant experience in the design, configuration and implementation of Solaris servers and ZFS. They are also very experienced in the new features of Solaris 10, which can be discussed and exploited as part of the upgrade process.
Benefits and features of a Solaris 10 upgrade with Capita Technical Services:
- Improves systems security
- Continuous compliance
- Improves performance
- Cost effective solution provides specific return on investment
- Reduces impact of service failures through predictive self-healing capabilities which highlights component failures and mitigates serious problems prior to an escalation in the issue
- Incorporated into base installation at no extra cost are next-generation features, such as ZFS, DTrace and Containers
- Increases processor and memory resource utilisation
- Containers allow multiple operating environments to be installed and hosted on a single physical server, and enables easier virtualisation
- Advanced technical advice from our team allows you to make informed decisions.
Find out more to make sure you’re prepared
To discover how the Capita Technical Services team can help you upgrade and migrate in a safe and stable environment, without any nasty hidden extras, speak to your Capita account manager today or contact us.