How has your supporting people budget changed in the last 12 months?
Supporting People services are under enormous pressure, according an exclusive new survey report by Inside Housing and Capita. Jess McCabe charts providers' struggle to keep their heads above water as the plug is pulled on their funding.
Some key findings from the 2012 Care and Support survey:
You can download and read the full report here.
- 79% of respondents say their Supporting People budget has decreased by up to 50%
- 76% of respondents have had to cut their Supporting People staff and services
- Over 50% of respondents say they have had to streamline their services in the past year
- More than 40% say in the last 12 months they have had the same number of cases but with fewer staff
- Only 10% of respondents believe that payment by results will improve standards.
– Supporting people, supporting communities, supporting you