Capita Software Services has partnered with TotalMobile Solutions Ltd to launch a new corporate mobile solution for its local government and social housing market customers.
Launching in April 2010, Capita TotalMobile has been developed with the field worker in mind and is not constrained by back office requirements. It is also highly efficient as it can operate on or offline ensuring that productivity is maximised. This provides organisations with the flexibility to deploy mobile working across their departments and maximise the benefits it can bring.
The solution works across both Capita and third party back office applications, enabling customers to run a single mobile solution across the whole organisation, be it the housing and revenues and benefits departments or the grounds maintenance and street management teams.
Paul Millard, operations director at Capita Software Services, said: “At Capita we understand that technology, while essential, only makes up around 30 per cent of a mobile working solution. In order for organisations to successfully implement mobile working, other areas such as people and processes must be addressed.
“Capita TotalMobile reflects our continued focus on supporting the public sector to become more effective and efficient. As local authorities move into an era of intense service and cost pressures, they must find more sustainable ways of optimising their performance. We believe we can help them achieve this.”
During implementation, Capita will ensure close and precise consultation with customers to guarantee it is answering the field workers’ needs. Capita TotalMobile links to back office systems, data and dedicated software and because it’s compatible with the customer’s existing software and IT systems across departments it can be deployed as part of a series of business solutions or corporate strategies.
Ronnie Geddis, group sales and marketing director at TotalMobile Solutions Ltd, added: “We have worked closely with Capita Software Services to develop a solution to meet the needs of local authorities and social housing organisations, and beyond. With this solution in place we are confident its customers’ mobile working requirements will be met.”
Other benefits of Capita TotalMobile include:
- Robust authorisation procedures and data encryption methods to ensure information is fully protected to a high standard
- Increased customer service levels by enabling officers to action requests while out in the community
- Reduced downtime due to the on and offline capabilities of the solution which ensures officers can carry on working whether they have connectivity or not
- Reduced carbon footprint because the solution greatly reduces the need for individuals to return to a central office or HQ to progress their work therefore transport usage decreases
- Compatibility with a wide range of mobile devices and any network, incorporating existing software applications, communicating with a variety of back office systems
- Increased staff effectiveness by providing them with the right information, at the right time and in the right place
- Reduced administration and paper burden by capturing information in the community and updating back office systems remotely